What is Vrbo?
Vrbo is a vacation rental platform that allows travelers to book vacation homes, apartments, and other properties for short-term stays.
It is a part of the HomeAway family of brands, which includes other vacation rental platforms such as HomeAway, FlipKey, and VacationRentals.com.
Vrbo offers a wide variety of vacation rental options, including beach houses, cabins, condos, and villas, in popular destinations around the world. Travelers can search for and book rentals directly on the Vrbo website or app.
Vrbo Review Policy
Vrbo has a review policy in place to help ensure that the reviews left by travelers on the platform are accurate and helpful. Here are some key points about the Vrbo review policy:
- Travelers are encouraged to leave a review after their stay.
- Vrbo asks travelers to rate their experience with the property, the owner/manager, and the booking process.
- Reviews must be based on the traveler’s actual experience and may not include personal attacks or defamatory statements.
- Reviews must be written in English and should be respectful and considerate.
- Property owners/managers are not allowed to write reviews for their own properties.
- Vrbo reserves the right to remove reviews that violate the review policy.
Vrbo review policy is designed to encourage travelers to share their honest and accurate experiences with the community, which can help other travelers make informed decisions when booking a vacation rental.
How to Get More 5-star Vrbo Guest Reviews
Here are a few tips that may help you get more 5-star guest reviews on Vrbo:
- Provide excellent customer service: Go above and beyond to make sure your guests have a great experience. Respond promptly to their inquiries, be available to answer questions or resolve any issues during their stay, and do your best to make them feel welcome and comfortable.
- Maintain your property: Keep your vacation rental in excellent condition by regularly cleaning, maintaining, and updating it. Make sure everything is in good working order, and consider adding special touches or amenities that will make your guests’ stay more enjoyable.
- Communicate clearly: Be sure to clearly communicate all the details of your property and the booking process to your guests. This includes providing accurate descriptions and photos of your property, as well as clear information about check-in and check-out procedures, house rules, and any other important details.
- Be flexible: Consider offering flexible check-in and check-out times, and be willing to accommodate special requests or needs that your guests may have.
- Respond to negative reviews: If you do receive a negative review, try to address any issues or concerns that were raised in a professional and courteous manner. This can show future guests that you are committed to providing a high level of customer service.
By following these tips, you can increase the chances of getting more 5-star guest reviews on Vrbo, which can help you attract more bookings and improve your vacation rental’s reputation.
Guarantee Your Home Is Guest-ready
Here are a few steps you can take to ensure that your home is guest-ready for travelers booking through Vrbo:
- Clean and declutter: Thoroughly clean your home and make sure it is free of clutter. This includes dusting, vacuuming, and washing linens.
- Stock up on essentials: Make sure your home is well-stocked with essential items such as towels, bedding, soap, and toilet paper. You may also want to consider providing other amenities such as coffee, tea, or basic pantry items.
- Repair and maintain: Check your home for any repairs or maintenance that need to be done, and take care of them before your guests arrive. This can include things like fixing any broken appliances, replacing light bulbs, or repairing any damage to the property.
- Consider your guests’ needs: Think about what your guests might need or appreciate during their stay. This could include things like wifi, a TV, or a private outdoor space.
- Communicate clearly: Be sure to clearly communicate any important information to your guests before their arrival. This includes details about check-in and check-out procedures, house rules, and any other important details.
By following these steps, you can help ensure that your home is guest-ready and that your guests have a positive experience during their stay..
Give Your Guests a 5-star Experience
Here are a few tips that may help you give your guests a 5-star experience when they stay in your vacation rental through Vrbo:
- Be responsive: Make sure you are available to answer any questions or address any issues your guests may have during their stay. Respond promptly to inquiries and be proactive in solving any problems.
- Provide a warm welcome: Consider greeting your guests in person if possible, and take the time to show them around your property and explain how everything works. You might also want to provide a welcome basket or other small amenities to make them feel at home.
- Be attentive to your guests’ needs: Pay attention to your guests’ needs and do your best to accommodate them. This might include offering recommendations for local restaurants or activities, or providing extra amenities upon request.
- Offer personalized touches: Think about ways you can make your guests’ stay more personalized and memorable. This might include providing a local guidebook or map, or offering recommendations for things to do in the area based on your guests’ interests.
- Say goodbye: Make sure to say goodbye to your guests before they leave and thank them for staying at your property. You might also want to ask for feedback or suggestions on how you can improve the guest experience in the future.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your guests have a 5-star experience during their stay at your vacation rental.
Communicate with Your Guests
Effective communication is an important part of hosting guests in your vacation rental through Vrbo. Here are a few tips for communicating with your guests:
- Respond promptly: Make sure to respond to inquiries and messages from your guests in a timely manner. This can help build trust and create a positive impression of your property.
- Be clear and concise: Make sure to provide clear and concise information to your guests, including details about your property, the booking process, and any other important information.
- Use Vrbo’s messaging feature: Vrbo has a built-in messaging feature that allows you to communicate with your guests directly through the platform. Use this feature to keep track of all your conversations with guests in one place.
- Set expectations: Be sure to clearly communicate any expectations you have for your guests, such as house rules or check-in and check-out procedures. This can help prevent misunderstandings and ensure that your guests have a smooth and enjoyable stay.
- Be friendly and helpful: Use a friendly and helpful tone when communicating with your guests. This can help build a positive relationship and encourage them to leave a positive review after their stay.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that you are effectively communicating with your guests and providing them with the information they need to have a great experience at your vacation rental.
Vrbo Reviews by Owners: How to Submit a Review about Your Guests
Vrbo does not allow property owners/managers to leave reviews about their guests. The review system is designed for travelers to leave reviews about their experiences with the property and the owner/manager, not for property owners/managers to review their guests.
This is to ensure that the reviews left on the platform are based on the traveler’s actual experience, and to prevent any potential biases or conflicts of interest.
If you have feedback or concerns about a guest’s stay, it is generally best to communicate directly with the guest or to contact Vrbo customer support for assistance.