Hostinger was founded in 2004 in Lithuania under the name of Hosting media and quickly became a leader in the free hosting arena. From there, the company developed into a global hosting company, serving 29 million customers worldwide and employing more than 400 people.
Hostinger prides itself on offering fast web hosting and affordable pricing options. They offer a variety of hosting plans that include shared and VPS hosting plans, but how good are they really?
In this post, we’ll take a look at their performance, uptime, hosting plan features, and pricing plans.
Is Hostinger Hosting Fast?
Before getting into the nitty-gritty details about Hostinger’s plans, let’s answer the million dollar question: is Hostinger fast? Yes, yes they are. Overall, they delivered the best uptime and the best page loading times, which ranked them at number 1 in my hosting test.
If you’re looking for a fast, affordable, and reliable web hosting company, Hostinger is my top recommendation.
Hostinger offers a variety of hosting plans. You can choose between Shared, Cloud, VPS, and WordPress Hosting plans. In addition to that, you can register a domain name independently or at the time of purchasing a hosting plan. They support all the most popular domain name extensions as well as the new extensions that have been released recently. Their domain registration prices are on par with other domain name registrars. If you’re buying a domain name along with hosting, the domain name is free only on certain plans.
All of the plans allow you to choose between 1-month, 12-month, 24-month, and 48-month billing terms. Keep in mind that the shorter the term, the higher the price will be for your hosting plan.
In addition to that, the renewal price will be slightly higher than the initial signup price. However, Hostinger is very transparent about their pricing and you can clearly see how much the renewal price will be during the signup process. With that out of the way, let’s take a look at how the plans break down.
Shared Hosting Plans
Hostinger offers 3 shared hosting plans. Each of the plans comes with a free SSL certificate and SSD storage. They also include LiteSpeed Cache which helps your website load faster. If you’re using WordPress, you’ll also get a few extra benefits such as automatic WordPress installation, core auto-updates, starter site building wizard, and plenty of WordPress tutorials.
- Single Shared Hosting — this hosting plan is a good choice if you’re just getting started and this is your first website. The plan allows you to host one website and comes with 10GB of SSD storage and allows for 10000 monthly visitors and 100GB of bandwidth. You can have one email address with this plan and you’ll have to pay for the domain name. The price for this plan is $0.99/mo.
- Premium Shared Hosting — next up is the Premium Shared hosting plan which allows you to host up to 100 websites with 20GB of storage space. It’s suitable for sites with up to 25000 monthly visitors and includes unlimited bandwidth. This plan also includes a free domain name and up to 100 email addresses. The price for this plan is $2.99/mo.
- Business Shared Hosting — the Business Shared Hosting allows you to host up to 100 websites and is suitable for up to 100,000 monthly visitors. The plan includes unlimited bandwidth and 100GB of storage space. This plan also includes free CDN, free domain name, and daily backups. The price for this plan is $3.99/mo.
Overall, their plans are extremely affordable and generous when it comes to storage space and bandwidth. The company is also transparent about bandwidth and monthly visits allowance so there’s no surprises that would cause you to go over your limits.
Cloud Hosting Plans
When it comes to cloud hosting plans, Hostinger offers 3 plans to choose from. Each plan comes with a free domain name, free SSL, free CDN, daily backups, unlimited bandwidth, up to 100 email addresses, dedicated IP address, managed WordPress, and more.
The main difference between each plan is the number of CPUs and the amount of disk space and RAM that’s available to you.
- Cloud Startup — this plan allows you to host up to 300 websites and includes 100GB of SSD storage and 3GB of RAM with 2 CPU cores. The price for the plan is $9.99/mo for the initial term.
- Cloud Professional — this plan comes with 140GB of SSD storage, 6GB of RAM with 4 CPU cores. You can host up to 300 websites and the price for this plan is $18.99/mo for the initial term.
- Cloud Global — this plan is powered by Google Cloud and comes with 200GB of SSD storage, 16GB of RAM and 8 CPU cores. The price for this plan is $57.99/mo for the initial term.
It’s also worth mentioning that all of the cloud hosting plans have multiple data centers located in the US, UK, Netherlands, Lithuania, Singapore, Brazil, and India.
VPS Hosting Plans
If you’re looking for even more speed and resources, Hostinger offers surprisingly cheap VPS plans. Currently, there are 6 plans to choose from. Each VPS plan comes with dedicated IP address, full root access, 100Mb/s network, IPv4 and IPv6 support, and 24/7/365 support.
- VPS 1 — this plan includes 1GB of RAM and 20GB of SSD storage. You’ll also get 1TB of bandwidth. The price for this plan is $3.95/mo.
- VPS 2 — this plan includes 2GB of RAM and 40GB of SSD storage. The plan includes 2TB of bandwidth. The price for this plan is $8.95/mo.
- VPS 3 — this plan includes 3GB of RAM and 60GB of SSD storage. This plan comes with 3TB of bandwidth. The price for this plan is $12.95/mo.
- VPS 4 — this plan includes 4GB of RAM and 80GB of SSD storage. You’ll also get 4TB of bandwidth. The price for this plan is $15.95/mo.
- VPS 5 — this plan includes 6GB of RAM and 120GB of SSD storage. The plan includes 6TB of bandwidth. The price for this plan is $23.95/mo.
- VPS 6 — this plan includes 8GB of RAM and 160GB of SSD storage. This plan comes with 8TB of bandwidth. The price for this plan is $38.99/mo.
It’s worth mentioning that you can choose between several different Linux operating systems for your VPS plan, including Ubuntu, CentOS, and Fedora.
WordPress Hosting Plans
Hostinger also offers WordPress hosting plans. These plans are similar to the regular shared hosting in terms of features, however, they offer a few extra benefits such as LiteSpeed cache, optimized servers for WordPress needs, dedicated WordPress expert team, LSCWP cache plugin for better performance, and more. There are four plans to choose from.
- Single WordPress — This plan is suitable for one WordPress website with up to 10000 monthly visits. The plan includes 10GB of SSD storage, free SSL certificate and free domain name, 100GB of bandwidth, and WP-CLI installation. The price for this plan is $1.59/mo.
- WordPress Starter — this plan is suitable for hosting up to 100 websites. It includes 20GB of SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, up to 25000 monthly visits, free SSL certificate and domain name, WP-CLI installation, and free JetPack plugin. The price for this plan is $2.99/mo.
- Business WordPress — this plan allows you to host up 100 websites. It is suitable for 100000 monthly visits and includes 100GB of SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, free SSL and domain name, WP-CLI installation, free JetPack plugin, free CDN, and daily backups. The price for this plan is $7.99/mo
- WordPress Pro — this plan allows you to host up to 300 websites. It includes 100GB of SSD storage, 300000 monthly visits, unlimited bandwidth, free SSL certificate and domain name, free CDN, personal JetPack plan, and daily backups. The price for this plan is $11.59/mo.
As you can see, even the WordPress hosting plans are incredibly affordable and offer a lot of bang for your buck. The plans and features are comparable to similar managed WordPress hosting plans but they come at a much lower price so Hostinger is definitely worth considering.
Hostinger was one of the companies I tested in my regular WordPress hosting test. When it comes to uptime, Hostinger had around 2 minutes of downtime which translates into more than 99.99% uptime. This is far better than other web hosting companies so if you’re looking for a reliable hosting company where your website won’t go down, Hostinger is definitely worth it.
Hostinger claims they’ll help you own the Internet with their fast hosting plans. And when it comes to speed, they do not disappoint. As you can see from the screenshot below, they earned a B performance grade on Pingdom with an average load time of 902ms.
Their servers have seen a spike in load time here and there but overall, the loading time is pretty consistent and they live up to their promise. In other words, there should be no surprise slow loading times for your site if you decide to host with them.
As far as support goes, Hostinger offers 24/7/365 support through their LiveChat. In addition to that, you’ll find an extensive knowledge base with plenty of resources to help you get your website up and running and answer all your questions about hosting a website.
Hostinger also offers video tutorials that cover the basics of getting your website up and running, buying a domain name, setting up your blog and more.
Hostinger has been around for more than a decade. The company started out with a simple idea of letting everyone create a website for free but it quickly grew and transformed itself into a reliable hosting company.
In fact, Hostinger performed the best in my hosting test and came out on top as the best hosting company for 2020/2021. During the test, Hostinger had an average page load time of 902ms which is just under a second. On top of that, they had an excellent 99.99% uptime with only a minute of downtime.
Their hosting plans are also pretty generous in terms of disk space and bandwidth. What’s even better, their pricing page and plan breakdowns are pretty transparent when it comes to how monthly visits and bandwidth allowance. This is great as it helps you avoid surprise costs for going over your limits.
Another thing that’s great about Hostinger is their support. For starters, they are available 24/7/365 via Live Chat so you can rest assured you’ll always have someone to talk to if you need urgent help with your site. They also offer an extensive knowledge base section with plenty of written tutorials and video walkthroughs that cover all the basics of setting up and running a website.
All things considered, Hostinger is a great choice for anyone looking for an affordable, fast, and reliable host and I highly recommend them for all your hosting needs.