What Is Artistworks?
ArtistWorks is an online platform that provides music lessons taught by professional musicians. The platform was founded in 2008 by former AOL executive David Butler and music educator Patricia Butler with the goal of bringing high-quality music instruction to students around the world.
The lessons on ArtistWorks are delivered through a combination of pre-recorded video lessons and personalized video exchanges with the instructor. Students can submit videos of themselves playing or singing, and the instructor will respond with feedback and advice. This personalized instruction allows students to progress at their own pace and receive tailored guidance to address their individual needs.
ArtistWorks offers lessons for a wide range of instruments, including guitar, bass, piano, drums, fiddle, mandolin, banjo, ukulele, and harmonica. The platform also offers lessons for vocal performance and music theory.
The instructors on ArtistWorks are professional musicians who have extensive experience performing and teaching. They include Grammy winners, members of major orchestras, and renowned session musicians.
ArtistWorks offers a subscription-based model, with most courses costing between $20 and $35 per month. There are also annual and lifetime subscriptions available. Overall, ArtistWorks provides a unique and effective way for music students to receive high-quality instruction from professional musicians at a reasonable price.
ArtistWorks offers a variety of features to help students learn and improve their music skills, including:
- Pre-recorded video lessons: ArtistWorks provides a library of pre-recorded video lessons that cover a range of topics, from basic techniques to advanced performance skills.
- Personalized feedback: Students can submit videos of themselves playing or singing, and their instructor will respond with personalized feedback and advice to help them improve their skills.
- Access to professional musicians: ArtistWorks instructors are professional musicians with extensive experience performing and teaching. Students have the opportunity to learn from some of the best musicians in the world.
- Tailored instruction: The personalized feedback from instructors allows students to progress at their own pace and receive guidance that is tailored to their individual needs and goals.
- Multiple camera angles: ArtistWorks lessons are filmed with multiple camera angles, providing students with a clear view of the instructor’s hands and techniques.
- Community features: ArtistWorks provides a community forum where students can interact with each other, share their progress, and ask questions.
- Mobile app: ArtistWorks has a mobile app that allows students to access their lessons and submit videos from their mobile devices.
Overall, these features make ArtistWorks a comprehensive and effective platform for music instruction.
How Does Artistworks Work?
ArtistWorks provides online music lessons taught by professional musicians through a combination of pre-recorded video lessons and personalized video exchanges with the instructor. Here’s how it works:
- Choose a course: Students can browse the courses offered on ArtistWorks and select the one that matches their interests and skill level.
- Enroll in the course: Once a course is selected, students can sign up and create an account on ArtistWorks.
- Access the pre-recorded video lessons: Students can access a library of pre-recorded video lessons that cover a wide range of topics and techniques.
- Practice and submit videos: Students can practice the techniques they learn in the pre-recorded lessons and submit videos of themselves playing or singing for feedback from their instructor.
- Receive personalized feedback: The instructor will watch the submitted video and provide personalized feedback and advice to help the student improve their skills.
- Participate in the community: Students can interact with other students in the course through the community forum and share their progress, ask questions, and offer feedback.
- Track progress and continue learning: ArtistWorks tracks student progress and provides recommendations for further study, helping students continue their musical education and improve their skills.
Overall, the combination of pre-recorded lessons and personalized video exchanges with instructors makes ArtistWorks a flexible and effective platform for learning music online.
ArtistWorks offers a subscription-based model with different pricing options depending on the course and payment plan selected. The cost of a monthly subscription typically ranges from $20 to $35 per month, and an annual subscription can be purchased for a discounted rate.
Some courses also offer a lifetime subscription option, which provides access to the course content and personalized feedback from the instructor for the lifetime of the platform.
In addition to the subscription fee, there may be additional costs associated with the purchase of course materials, such as books or sheet music. However, most of the course materials are included in the subscription fee.
Overall, the pricing for ArtistWorks is relatively affordable compared to traditional music lessons, and the personalized feedback from professional musicians makes it a worthwhile investment for serious music students.
Artistworks Customer Support
ArtistWorks offers a range of customer support options to ensure that students have a positive experience with the platform. Here are some of the customer support features:
- Online help center: ArtistWorks has an online help center with frequently asked questions, troubleshooting guides, and other helpful resources.
- Email support: Students can email ArtistWorks support with any questions or concerns they have, and a representative will respond within 24-48 hours.
- Phone support: ArtistWorks offers phone support during business hours for technical issues and other inquiries.
- Community support: The ArtistWorks community forum allows students to interact with other students and instructors, ask questions, and offer support to each other.
Overall, ArtistWorks provides a range of customer support options to ensure that students can get help with any issues they may encounter while using the platform.
Is Artistworks Worth It?
Whether or not ArtistWorks is worth it depends on your individual needs and goals as a music student. Here are some factors to consider when deciding if ArtistWorks is worth the investment:
- Quality of instruction: ArtistWorks provides instruction from top professional musicians, which ensures a high level of instruction quality.
- Flexibility and convenience: With the ability to access pre-recorded lessons and personalized feedback from instructors, ArtistWorks offers flexibility and convenience for music students with busy schedules.
- Affordability: Compared to traditional music lessons, ArtistWorks is relatively affordable, making it accessible to a wider range of students.
- Community engagement: The ArtistWorks community forum allows students to interact with other students and instructors, which can enhance the learning experience and provide support.
Overall, if you are looking for a flexible and affordable way to improve your music skills with personalized instruction from professional musicians, ArtistWorks may be worth it for you. However, if you prefer in-person instruction or need a more structured curriculum, you may want to consider other options.
There are several alternatives to ArtistWorks for online music lessons, including:
- Udemy: Udemy offers a wide range of music courses, including lessons on specific instruments, music theory, and production. Courses are created and taught by a variety of instructors, and pricing varies.
- JamPlay: JamPlay offers online guitar lessons with a focus on rock, metal, and blues genres. It provides a structured curriculum, and students can access pre-recorded lessons and live video lessons with instructors.
- Berklee Online: Berklee Online is the online extension of Berklee College of Music, offering courses and certificate programs in music production, performance, and business. The curriculum is designed and taught by Berklee faculty members.
- Fender Play: Fender Play provides online guitar, bass, and ukulele lessons, with a focus on popular songs and techniques. It offers a structured curriculum and personalized feedback from instructors.
Ultimately, the best alternative for you will depend on your individual needs and goals as a music student. It’s worth researching and comparing different options to find the one that fits your needs and budget the best.
What instruments are taught on ArtistWorks?
ArtistWorks offers lessons for a wide variety of instruments, including guitar, bass, piano, drums, banjo, fiddle, mandolin, harmonica, and more.
Can I interact with other students on ArtistWorks?
Yes, ArtistWorks has a community forum where students can interact with each other, share their progress, and get support.
Is there a free trial available on ArtistWorks?
Yes, ArtistWorks offers a 30-day free trial for new students to try out the platform and decide if it’s right for them.
Can I access lessons on ArtistWorks offline?
No, all lessons on ArtistWorks are available online and require an internet connection to access.
Is there a refund policy for ArtistWorks?
Yes, ArtistWorks offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for students who are not satisfied with the platform.